The Neighbourhood Plan working groups are:
- Traffic, Transportation and Parking– aiming to improve infrastructure and parking issues. Suggestions include electric charging points and free and easily accessible parking.
- Local Economy, including retail, restaurants and bars, looking for ways to maintain current facilities. Other ideas also put forward involve satellite hubs for mixed use, eg small businesses, offices, retail, entertainment and commercial.
- Environment and Flooding– all aspects of local green spaces, conservation and pollution. Work has been done to preserve and protect current amenities. Historic flooding problems have been examined with a view to ongoing improvement.
- Built Environment, which covers housing density and character. An important and central part of the Plan. Current proposals are looking at development opportunities that choose appropriate designs to improve and enhance Knebworth’s housing stock and minimise infrastructure impact.
- Schools and Education– covering pre-school, primary and secondary provision. A crucial group which has been looking at sustainable provision, with innovative solutions that meet current and future needs in as many ways as possible.
- Wellbeing, which includes medical and public services, aiming to ensure that residents’ welfare is well served with access to recreation, sport and leisure facilities in addition to health and public information availability.
The six working groups have objectives and are developing policies that aim tomitigate the effect of the housing allocations imposed by the NHDC Local Plan, the work being done by the Knebworth Neighbourhood Plan is aiming to be positive and achieve the best outcomes.
Some of the groups have overlap areas within them, for example local green spaces are covered by both Wellbeing and Environment groups. Similarly, Knebworth traffic and parking problems are fundamental issues affected by, and having an effect on, the local economy and housing character. This crucial aspect of Knebworth planning is now being addressed with some urgency and any help in this area would be appreciated.
One of our committee members conducted a retail survey of 45 businesses in the village. The main issues were again parking, traffic and the retention (hopefully) of The Station Pub. I don’t suppose there are many Knebworth residents or business owners that wouldn’t recognise these concerns. If anyone has expertise in the business sector, we would welcome their help.
We now have our own Knebworth Neighbourhood Plan website, where we hope to be able to keep everyone up to date. It is still being developed, but do have a look and let us know what you’d like to be kept informed about. Knebworth Neighbourhood Plan website can be found athttps://knebworthneighbourhoodplan.org.uk/
Once again, we’re appealing for more residents to help us. If you would like to help develop the Knebworth Neighbourhood Plan, we would very much like to hear from you. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org